The Law Society of NSW Pro Bono Scheme puts eligible applicants in touch with law firms willing to provide their services free of charge or at a reduced fee.
Eligible applicants must have been refused Legal Ai and satisfy the means assessment. The matter must be of a specified type and have merit and/or reasonable prospects of success.
The following types of matters are covered by the scheme:
- Administrative law
- Assistance with Apprehended Violence Orders
- Child care and protection
- Civil claims
- Criminal law
- Employment law
- Family law matters related to children (eg. live with, spend time with disputes)
- Immigration assistance for refugees
- Legal assistance for not-for-profit organisations and charities
Wills and Estates
For more information, visit https://www.lawsociety.com.au/community/findingalawyer/probono/index.htm
1300 00 2088